May 21, 2008
Why We Like Ann Arbor Already and More!
I am getting more and more excited for the big move in a few months.
Tonight I found another reason to be thrilled.
30th out of 100 isn't too shabby!
In other news, my alma mater is ranked 141st in Newsweek's America's Top Public High Schools list, where they figure out the rankings based on an index determined by "the number of Advanced Placement, Intl. Baccalaureate and/or Cambridge tests taken by all students at a school in 2007 divided by the number of graduating seniors."
Kind of a strange way to rank, but I was happy to see Herndon on the list, and I guess it is a type of measurement that allows us to see indication for how well the schools are trying to prepare students for college. A shout out to my three cousins currently located up in Logan whose high school in Virginia, Robinson Secondary, is at a notable 214th.
My aunts' school, Wakefield, was ranked 420th, still in the top third of the rankings. Most amazing, however, is that my uncle's and my dad's high schools were 64th and 74th, respectively. I don't know any W-L fight songs to sing for my uncle, but I'd like to end this post with a brief tribute to my father's alma mater, also the alma mater of a certain CBS anchor named Ms. Couric:
HOORAY FOR YORKTOWN
HOORAY FOR YORKTOWN
Someone in the stands is yelling:
"HOORAY FOR YORKTOWN"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Soda Springs High School did not make the list. I knew I was destined to academic failure from the start.
i too read this list of best places to raise families.
virginia beach?
sigh. the sigh is on many levels.
oh well.
excellent tribute to yorktown. it reminds me of york. which reminds me of peppermint patties.
mmmmmm.
That's so funny about our dresses! I actually borrowed it from a friend and asked if I could take that bow off because it would always catch on stuff and annoy me. So yeah there is supposed to be a bow there. Obviously we both have great taste in dresses. I would love to see a wedding picture of yours!
Okay, it's been like, over 2 weeks since you've posted a picture of Jacob. You still keep him around, right? ;-)
I am SO excited that you're coming to Ann Arbor!!! (This is Sara Schwanke by the way.) We've been here for a year and love it. Do you happen to know where you'll be living? Northwood IV or V perhaps? We'd really love to have you in our ward!
The Robisons (Sara, Steve, Christopher)
Post a Comment