May 31, 2008

Friday night hike!

For a couple months now Jeff has wanted to have us all hike up to the Y together and I've been reluctant for weather-related reasons or Jacob-doesn't-feel-well reasons. Tonight was a beautiful night and Jacob is healthy as a horse, so I had no excuse. We had a nice time and did the whole thing in less time (75 min) than the time limit (90 min) Jeff suggested at the outset, including our time at the top. We thought Jacob might sleep in the pack but he just loves to look around & take everything in. It's really fun to watch him enjoy himself being strapped in and up high, he was so happy! He took his hat off on one of the last switchbacks, but we couldn't see it from where we were when I noticed it was gone, so I figured we'd find it later. Luckily someone hung it on a fence for us and we got it on the way down. Hooray for the Y!

2 comments:

Remarkable Rheads said...

Cute family pic. Where did you guys get your pack, and was it obscenely expensive?

Shae said...

Jacob is so cute in that picture! He has such an adorable smile!