May 13, 2008

Wherein there is friendship music and an aunt at Grandparents Day

A couple Fridays ago I had the chance to go to Grandparents Day at our nephew's elementary school. Last year I went with his brother and so I was excited to go again this year. Dallin and I had fun getting to know each other better, talking about how he is like me or different than me as a second grader. All the grandparents and special visitors had the treat of hearing from the entire 2nd grade crew with some songs from their Friendship Program that they did earlier in the school year. We then had lunch outside together before Dallin had recess. His second recess, to be exact. That is one way we are different - when I was in second grade I had ONE recess. I'd love to hear about why they have two now, at least here in Utah. It was a fun morning regardless of how many recesses Dallin gets, and I enjoyed hearing their songs a lot. Here is a clip from one of them...Dallin is the one in the white shirt, front row.
"So shake hands! With your neighbor!"

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Thanks for going, I am jealous.