May 31, 2008

New tricks!

Jacob is learning to do all sorts of things babies his age do. Here's a quick list of some things he can do, in no particular order, and then the video is a cute one I took recently of him doing trick #2. 1. Holding his bottle (and throwing it, of course!) 2. Peek-a-boo! 3. Picking up his own Cheerios. Or Toasted Oat, really, since it's the Wal-Mart kind. I usually just call them O's. He gets really excited when I put them on his high chair tray. 4. Turn pages in books. Maybe not in order, but he can turn them. And hit them. 5. Pull nebulizer mask off his face repeatedly during albuterol treatment, which Dad says is for teething but really it was for RAD which flared up with a recent ear infection. 6. Take books off the shelf while laying down on back or belly. 7. Move large items closer to him, such as bouncer seat or car seat. I have to watch out for this one, obviously. 8. Keep a good beat by hitting or kicking bookshelf, bottle, my arm, Jeff's arm, his own leg, etc. 9. Like any and all foods fed to him. This is an important one that we hope lasts, but may not, who knows? 10. And just as I was beginning to write this (seriously!) he was rolling around and then started going around in a circle, kind of crawling, but all on his belly and not up on his legs. Very cute! I'll have to get a video of it next time when I've got the camera here. Jeff is hiking so he has it this morning.

3 comments:

Shae said...

Don't hold your breath on him liking all foods fed to him. I think it's the age. Micah used to eat anything and was a vacuum when he was that age! Now, there is only a handful of variety of foods that I can serve to him that he will eat. Mariah is in this stage still where she will eat anything (almost) that is served to her...it makes it so much easier!

Jeff said...

Jacobs dad is still at the age he will eat anything.

Paige said...

It sounds like he's doing great! The peek-a-boo video was really cute :-)