May 11, 2008

We have a winner!

I saw a link online tonight for an article about the Top Ten baby names for 2007:
Jacob led among names for boys for the ninth year in a row.
Now, I realize this prestigious honor applies to Jacobs belonging to many other moms (and yet there are still others, including some who read this blog, who are glad this does not apply to them or their children), but is it wrong to feel so proud of my son, who is usually known for being small and somewhat inexperienced with many things, for appearing at the top of the list? I submit to you that I think not. He is pretty cute, after all. In other news, both Top of List Boy and his Mom recommend the following book, which we read for the first time today at a friend's house. If you've known me long enough, you'll know that my love of all things penguin goes back to third grade when I chose to study emperor penguins for The Great Brain project. We had to choose something and become an expert at it, and I daresay there are things I still don't know about penguins. At 8 years old I was too young to make the trip to Snow Hill Island or Cape Washington to see them. Just as a side note, my best friend in third grade did her project on rainbows, something she'd actually seen before the project. She always was a smart cookie. :) I do, however, own March of the Penguins, a fabulous movie. But, that was a tangent of elephantine proportions. Just read this book to your baby; it is too cute to pass up!

No comments: