I know, it's late.
I should be in bed!
I should have been in bed hours ago!
I just have a lot on my mind right now. Jacob is sleeping soundly in his crib, Jeff is asleep in Lansing, and I am just sitting here on the couch thinking, listening to my dishwasher and the clock on the wall that ticks.
There are a few things worth mentioning that I am grateful for today.
1. I got to eat breakfast and lunch with Jeff, not at all normal for a weekday. :)
2. Jacob was VERY happy today. Not unusual, of course, but things have the potential to go awry when we are doing things like getting him up early to take Jeff to class (which we don't normally do), eating lunch out for Valentine's day, driving to and from the airport, going to the doctor. He was great today.
3. My husband said: "You can do it. You can do anything." That's all I'll say about that.
Thanks, love.
4. We got a Valentine's Day package from my parents today with all sorts of great things, not the least of which was the bag of chocolate marshmallows. I hid them from myself, they are SO good. Also, who doesn't need sticky notes in the shape of their first initial? Very cool. I could leave one behind when I perform acts of bravery while wearing my cape, kind of like "Zorro, the fox so cunning and free...who makes the sign of Z!" And yes, I do have a cape, which was carefully emblazoned with that same lovely first initial of my name by my super mother in-law. Of course Jeff has one for himself too. Superheroes don't share capes. But, I digress!
5. Jacob is healthy and growing well. 17 lb 1 oz today. So fun!
6. The bump and rashes on Jacob's face are most likely a mild case of baby eczema. I'm glad it has a name now for sure (I was pretty sure that was it) and that we can take care of it better.
7. The pediatricians at the BYU health center are great. We have a regular one we go to, Dr. Willmore, but today we saw a different one, Dr. Fairbanks, and he was just great too. I feel like Jacob is in good hands when we go there!
8. I watched Life is Beautiful (La vita e bella - I did watch it in Italian as that is the version I have. Do I speak Italian? No, but I have perfected the skill of reading English subtitles) tonight and remembered how much I love it. I think watching it as a parent was markedly different than when I was 16 and first saw it during one of our Laurel movie nights for Young Women's. Roberto Benigni's character just has this great love for his son and wants to help him in any way, not just to live but to be happy doing so. I really missed Jeff when I watched it, because I know how much he loves our son and wants him to be happy.
Why is your life beautiful?
2 comments:
Stacey Lea Hoopes
Jacob Lamro Hoopes
because we got to see the one and only JLH this week. So, what's the verdict on MSU (tentatively speaking, of course)??
Post a Comment