Feb 24, 2008

Books

So, I vowed that each time I finished a book, I would write a little review of it on the blog. I failed. So, tonight I am catching up. Who Moved my Cheese This is a short little book, that I listed to on CD, and it takes about 80 minutes, unabridged. It is the story of two mice and two little men in a maze and what they do after their cheese gets moved. It is an analogy to how we deal with change in our lives, and I am not sure it was worth the 80 minutes, but, it was alright. Take On the Street: What Wall Street and Corporate America Don't Want You to Know and What You Can Do to Fight Back This was an amazing book by Aurthur Leavitt, former chairman of the SEC. He is pretty liberal, he hates accountants and the AICPA, but, it was a pretty enjoyable book. In my classes and my research I have learned about all these different new regulations, and in accounting research we look at how the changes affects how firms report their behavior, but it was interesting to hear the insights about what the SEC was thinking when they made the changes. It was both a useful and interesting book anyone interested in the workings of our capital markets should check out. The Book of Mormon I had planned on finishing the BofM again before the new year, but, it did not happen. But, I did finish it recently, and, as with the other times I have finished it, it is still true, and its message changes for where you are at in life to give you the messages that God wants you to have. Read it. It will change your life.

No comments: