Mar 12, 2008

Weekend Update (late)

Well the last couple of days have gone by pretty quickly, I cannot believe it is already Wednesday. Saturday Jeff was able to take a break for a few hours and go to Salt Lake with me & Jacob. We went up to meet a couple of my cousins and their families (Corynn and Cristin are in my sidebar). It was fun to get together and of course Macaroni Grill is always tasty. We really don't eat out all that often so it was kind of fun. Of course it was fun to see everyone, and to chat about all sorts of things, including the video I posted earlier. Corynn and Jer's baby Clayton is just a few weeks older than Jacob so it was exciting to see him in person again. Jacob didn't get to mingle with Clay though, because.... Jacob and I have been sick for about a week now, me a little longer. I don't care about myself though, but I took him to the doctor last Friday. He doesn't have RSV but some other type of viral URI. He's still coughing a little this morning, but I'm hoping he is on the mend. This little virus (which I most likely gave him! Bad mommy!) came right after he finished Rotavirus the week before last, so you can imagine he is ready to feel better by now. Plus all these sicknesses make his eczema flare up on his cheeks. Sunday and Monday I watched 5 nieces and nephews. My sister in-law and her husband got home from their trip to St. Thomas really early Tuesday morning after spending a nice several days there. There were several funny things that happened as I tended the kids; here I list just a couple: - Anna, age 5, when asked to pick the closing song for Family Home Evening: "Do we sing 'Bunny Foo-Foo' in Primary?" Well, I never did, but I don't know if she has or not. She chose "I am a Child of God" instead. - Ryan and Anna accidentally calling me Grandma (she had watched them for about 10 days before I finished) - Rachel deciding to open my bag and pull out the deodorant to take a bite of it. I always did think it smelled good, but never thought to eat it. She was quick to repeat after me when I was cleaning out her mouth and saying, "Yucky! Yucky!" - Ryan, age 3, teaching me how to play Stratego: "When you get the flag you win." And then 5 minutes into it (after he spent considerable time setting up the board while I fed Jacob) he said, "I need to draw something" and went to get his drawing supplies. That was the end of my Stratego playing experience. All in all a great few days we've had. Jeff had his interview at Iowa yesterday and came home last night - I imagine he'll write about that soon. And now to appease my younger sister, the token photo for this post, which she has probably already seen on Facebook, but it is still cute. If all our kids have this gorgeous of eyes like Jacob does, I think we will have them start being eyewear models. Or something.

5 comments:

Mark and Cristin said...

Those are some big beautiful eyes!

BrittWilk said...

You look beautiful, Stace! And Lamro Jr. is pretty handsome too!

Paige said...

What a beautiful picture! I think your baby looks just like you! Sorry you guys have been so sick.

Myrna said...

Great picture,would love a copy of this one. I don't know about facebook.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Mother/Baby portrait! I guess I could also call it a daughter/grandson photo. He is soooooooooooo sweet! Give him an extra hug for me. Mother's Day is coming soon; I, too, would love a print of this. He reminds me a lot of you when you were little. I think he has more hair, though!
Love you!