Mar 2, 2008

Snowshoeing

For the second year in a row we went up to Aspen Grove in Provo Canyon to attend the Married student retreat. This time we took Jacob with us so he could experience the outdoors a little bit. It was a really nice day so Jeff and I didn't even wear our coats when we went snowshoeing. Jacob enjoyed it so much that he fell asleep in the front carrier. I am not meaning to wink here, but it was pretty bright out with the sun/snow combination. Aside from my strange face, I think Jeff took an awesome picture. It was my first time snowshoeing and I thought I did fairly well, especially since we strayed from the trail a bit towards the end and my descent from the hill wasn't as pretty as it could have been.

2 comments:

Amy and Jeff said...

What is this married student retreat? Is it only for the specially invited married students? Perhaps only married students that have passed through the BYU 29th ward (is it BYU 29th ward... I've been in so many...)
Looks fun at any rate!

the firths said...

I'm very jealous at the moment. In my current state of residence, people ski off of garbage heaps (no joke). I miss those mountains.