Mar 14, 2008
Our first competition
So, this is the first competition on this blog. The first person to comment explaining the connection between the last post, and this one, wins. You are not allowed to just look up the story. Think about it. Here is the post. It is the begining to a story:
One
A Poem
A Raven
Midnights so dreary, tired and weary,
Silently pondering volumes extolling all by-now obsolete lore.
During my rather long nap - the weirdest tap!
An ominous vibrating sound disturbing my chamber's antedoor.
"This", I whispered quietly, "I ignore".
Perfectly, the intellect remembers: the ghostly fires, a glittering ember.
Inflamed by lightning's outbursts, windows cast penumbras upon this floor.
Sorrowful, as one mistreated, unhappy thoughts I heeded:
That inimitable lesson in elegance - Lenore -
Is delighting, exciting...nevermore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
don't want to ruin it for other readers, but I've got the answer. I'll e-mail it to you and you can send me the prize.
-brady
The number of letters in each word represent each digit of pi. One=3, A=1 Poem=4, etc. Any prize for second place?
Post a Comment