
"...and so you see, we are a happy family!"
For family home evening on Monday Jeff had big plans. So he pulled out the tripod and we got to work. This is our favorite family pic of the photo shoot. Jacob looks happenin'/handsome/dashing/insert other positive adjective here in his light blue suit, as you can see. On tuesday I went to the lactation clinic in Orem since there is still concern that my milk didn't come in in great abundance. I'm on medication for it but hadn't noticed all that much of a difference in Jacob's feedings (read: swallowing habits) and so went in for help. Now I am the proud renter of an electric pump and hopefully I can trick my body into creating more of what the baby needs. Tomorrow is his 2 week check up. They call it a well-baby visit, so I am hoping that he is well enough and not too small. At the clinic on Tuesday he weighed 7 lb 2 oz and tomorrow he's supposed to be above birthweight (7 lb 12 oz) so we'll have to see!
Our camera batteries are malfunctioning, so I'll have to post a pic later, but Jacob's umbilical cord stump fell off in the middle of the night (Dad found it in the diaper!). His cute baby tummy has been graced with a sort of-outie. Kind of half and half, I would say. My friend
Britt and I decided that when Jacob is married his wife will love his belly button. Boys in the locker room might tease him a little, but he can hold out the hope that his wife will find it cute.
2 comments:
Stace - You are lookin' good! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and I can't wait to see you all in December! (PS - the baby announcement mock-ups will get done before too long - I promise!!)
Baby belly buttons do not take on their true innie/outie form until a few months after the stump falls off. So you can relax, sit back, and enjoy the ride.
Post a Comment