Oct 13, 2007

This week

So, there are several things I would like to cover in this entry: First, Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize. This cost me at least 10 minutes yesterday as I was looking for a black outfit to wear to demonstrate I was in mourning, but, I could not find one. Al Gore. Sigh. I will bet that it helped in his getting the prize that he invented the Internet. Oh well. Second, this morning Stacey, Jacob and I participated in the Deloitte Dash, a 5K sponsored by the accounting firm. It was fun. We finished in just under an hour and Jacob came in dead last out of everybody there. Way to go Jacob. It was raining a bit, and we had to take Jacob out of his stroller every once in a while to rock him back to sleep after hitting bumps on the road, etc. It was fun. Notice Jacob's sweet running shoes he has on.

Third, my brother David sent us the video he created about our trip to AZ this summer which has been previously discussed on our blog. However, it is a great video, and is recommended to all.

Fourth, last night we watched "Night at the Museum." I thought it was a very silly, and thus a very good movie. Stacey had other opinions. She was deeply moved by the movie, and actually cried at the end. I would not have classified it as a drama, but Stacey thought so. Fifth, and lastly, I have not done ANYTHING physical since a couple weeks before Jacob was born. Yesterday I went out jogging for a bit, and it felt marvelous. Then, this morning I went biking with one of the premiere triathaloner/accounting researchers in Utah. We biked about 20 miles up Provo canyon in about 90 minutes. We would have been much faster had I not held my biking companion back. Oh well. That is all.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Depressing how we have to post on exciting things we did 3 months ago. But hey, it is a pleasant video.

stacey said...

I didn't think it was a DRAMA. I just liked the very end and for whatever reason (um...postpartum hormones??) I leaked like 2 tears per eye. Please.

Jeff said...

There was at least a total of 8 tears.

the firths said...

jeff- i miss my biking buddy (wish we'd gone more). we're proud of jacob's endurance. also- you need to apply to michigan schools. that way you can hit my bag