Oct 14, 2007

Amazing Experiment

I got to thinking about how to solve one of man's oldest quandaries: Does the refrigerator light really turn off when you close the door? I was amazed by the results, which I of course did not know until I watched the video. Amazing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was dumbfounded by the results of this experiment. I have beleived for a long time that the power companies and the refrigerator companies have had a deal, and that the light does not really go off, but now I have had my theory validated. Thank you so much.

the firths said...

Although the following was posted above, in the interest of public good, I wanted to repost it here in the proper position.

Attention- HOOPES FRIDGE
Jeff- now I see what is wrong with accounting programs... you're measurement tool is flawed in this little test. I have just replicated your experiment and found that the light indeed does go off- completely. If requested, my evidence is available for inspection. (However, it looked like you had better food in your fridge than me, for whatever consolation prize that may be.)

Myrna said...

So I see you rigged the test and didn't close the fridge at all.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to see how well the electricity companies have brainwashed the public. It is amazing. The well trained scientist (though I know him not, through the rigor of his study, I can only assume he such) that posted this demonstration has empirically proven that the light does not shut off, but, people do not believe. These are, indeed, the last days, when people just believe in the arm of the flesh. Sigh.