Oct 6, 2007

Anonymous Posters

So, a week or so ago, we noticed a few comments from anonymous posters on our blog. It was kind of an odd feeling. Here we have our blog, that contains a lot of what we do in life. One of the specialist things in life that has happened to us, the birth of Jacob, is up for the whole world to see. And, there are strangers looking at it. It is a little odd.
There exists a setting for a blog where only invited viewers can look at it. Stacey suggested perhaps we may want to consider that. However, after discussing, we decided that is not what we want to do. We want anyone to see what is happening with us. We don't want to exclude anyone. So, all your strangers out there, feel welcome. Look around. Comment. Even say things that make us look silly/stupid. But, we welcome you.
Also, one interesting thing about telling people about the birth of Jacob. About 6 hours after he was born, I sent out an e-mail to everyone very close-parents, brothers, sisters. Most people who got the e-mail already knew about Jacob, because we had called them. However, almost every single person who I e-mailed that day responded.
A couple days ago, I sent out another message to everyone who I thought might be interested, friends from high school, freshman college buddies, and the like. However, I had only a very few people respond to this one. I found it very revealing. I think that my perception of who cares is very different from who really does care. Oh well. I dont care if you care.

No comments: