Mar 17, 2011

Too Many Mittens, by Florence and Louis Slobodkin

source


In February I found a copy of the 1958 children's book Too Many Mittens for a pretty penny (alright, just a quarter) at the Quarter Book Sale here in Ann Arbor.  I hadn't read it before but I'd heard good things about it and had actually looked for a reasonably priced copy on half.com a couple months earlier.  We brought it home, read it, and I thought it was a great one to share with the kids.  It even takes place in Michigan!  I found a summary about this book that I wanted to share so you could see Louis Slobodkin's simple and colorful illustrations and read more about this cute story of a small town that rallies in support of twin boys who lose their mittens.  

Now, keep an eye out for any red mittens you may see lying about! They might belong to Ned & Danny!  

No comments: