Mar 7, 2011

Jackie Urbanovic's Duck Books

Just popping in with a great picture book recommendation for today's Look at Books post.

image via Amazon


A little over a year ago I read this post on The Pioneer Woman's site. It looked like a fun set of books so I requested them at our library and we've checked them out several times since. I even picked up Duck at the Door again just today at the library.  PW wrote a great synopsis of the first story in the set of 4 books and she took lots of nice pictures. But here's my short summary: A duck named Max loves summer, is sure he'll love winter, but he realizes that without his flock around he's pretty lonely. Luckily he finds someone to take him in and he makes himself right at home...but is it too much?

We love looking at the silly pictures, remembering the characters' names, and my kids especially love acting out the part where there is a knock at the door. Rebecca will run to the door while I'm reading, knock on it quickly, and come back to the couch saying "Ducka! Ducka!"

The 4 books about Max are  Duck at the Door, Sitting Duck, Duck and Cover, and Duck Soup. Look for them at your library - I'm sure you and your kids will enjoy them!  I also found a coloring pages section on Jackie Urbanovic's website in case your kids get a little too excited and want to color in the library books. :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

We love Duck Soup!