Hi, I'm Susan.
I'm the mother of 4 girls and I've been married to my husband Jim for 20 years. I'm a full time teacher with one of the world's best jobs. Currently I work in a school library teaching classes to children in the primary grades. It's my job to read to young children every day and teach them about some amazing authors and illustrators.
I've always had a creative soul, I especially enjoy decorating. I like to sew, make jewelry and do crafty projects around the house. I'm always up for learning new things and I enjoy teaching what I know to others. I'm energized by working on my blog, I love creating and teaching about it. I like to thrift and turn junky finds into something spectacular! Recently I've opened up Homeroad the Store, my Etsy shop. Stop by and have a look!
Come visit my site at homeroad.net. I think you'll like what you see and I hope you can take away some inspiration from my work. I just finished my craft room and I'm working on my next project...a work bench in the basement. My husband Jim and I will work together on this one, power tools are on my wish list! Enjoy!
This is a post from my other site...
This is where I get to do the kid stuff!

The illustrations in this story were done in colored pencil. This gave the pictures an aged look, unlike the later stories by
Before reading McElligot's Pool to the children, I asked them to notice the fish that were in the story. I would be having each of the children draw their own fish straight from their imaginations.
I then read an "excerpt", the first few "fishy" pages, of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I explained that an excerpt was just a taste of a story to spark their interests.
After reading and discussing the story, I gave each child a piece of paper and let them draw a fish, any size, color or shape they wanted to.
We were going to cut them out and add them to a large "McElligot's Pool" made from craft paper on the bulletin board.
Each class added their fish to the pool and by the end of the week McElligot's pool was filled with fish of all sizes and shapes.
I think the chances of catching a fish in this pool have increased greatly!












2 comments:
Thanks Stacey! I'm so excited to be your guest today! Have a wonderful day!
Susan
I think we'll be checking this out at the library ASAP. What a great idea to make your own pool of fish!
Post a Comment