Sara sent me a list of books she's plowing through at the moment - all of them deal with teaching your child to read or write.
The Write Start, Jennifer Hallissy
Raising Confident Readers, Dr. J. Richard Gentry
A Family of Readers: The Book Lover's Guide to Children's and Young Adult Literature, Roger Sutton and Martha V. Parravano
I have another friend whose son loved using the book mentioned in this post on Bloom, Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
My kids are pretty little so I haven't delved into this so much yet, but I know the time will come soon! Has anyone read these books or others? What did you think?

2 comments:
We're teaching Lily with the 100 easy lessons book. I bought it when she was three and it was a failure. She just wasn't ready, but I've dusted it off recently and we're both enjoying it so much more now! She turns four in June. I guess that each child just develops that interest at different ages.
Stacey! I love this idea you have to do a literacy post each day- I don't have anything to contribute yet, but I'll think about it and check back in to see what else is going on! Thanks for doing this!
Alexis
Post a Comment