Apr 8, 2008

Silk Soymilk

I got some coupons in the mail the other day as part of a BzzAgent.com campaign to try Silk. I admit that I was a little skeptical about soymilk. I have never been a huge fan of spending the money for organic things, honestly, and I like normal milk. Since neither I nor anyone in my immediate family has major lactose issues, we are proud dairy milk drinkers. But last Wednesday I went to the store, armed with my coupons, and picked up a gallon of our usual skim milk and then perused my Silk options. I chose to get a half gallon of the chocolate stuff and it was actually pretty tasty. I wouldn't ever spend the money to buy it though, as regular chocolate milk is also very tasty but much less costly. (I think the Silk was 3.49 for a half gallon, and at Sam's Club I believe that is what a gallon of regular stuff costs). Not that I buy chocolate milk either - it falls under the same category as ice cream, we'd eat it too fast and it would not help our waistlines, thus it is just wasted money. But I am pleased to report that the Silk was delicious, and it lasted until Saturday morning when we finished it at breakfast time, not bad. And in case you were wondering, though it was tasty, Silk can't hold a candle to the thick creamy goodness that is BYU Creamery Chocolate Milk. Even after being in Provo for 7 years, I can't get enough of that stuff.

3 comments:

BrittWilk said...

Ahhh... the woes of being allergic to milk/lactose intolerant. Silk, or Silk-like products, are all you'll find at the Wilkinson home. And no, we can never enjoy the creamy goodness of BYU Creamery chocolate milk.

Shae said...

Silk isn't too bad, but the off-brands of soy milk are not that tasty! When Mariah was just a couple of months old, she was having issues, and so her Dr. took me off all dairy products to see if that would work for her, thus I took to drinking Silk for a few weeks. Chocolate is the best by far...not too much of a fan of the other flavors, though...I ended up adding chocolate milk mix to those to make them a bit tastier! I'm just glad that dairy wasn't her problem, and I was able to go back to drinking good 'ole cows milk!

Jeff Boyd said...

Oh man I miss the BYU Creamery Chocolate Milk. I drank it every day in the MTC. Thick creamy goodness... mmmmmmmm.