Apr 13, 2008

Michiganders

So, I made the hardest decision of my life this week. We are going to go to the University of Michigan for a PhD in Business management with an emphasis in Accounting. We are excited. We should be leaving early August, and it should take 4-5 years.

10 comments:

the firths said...

Yes! Good decision! We're so excited too. Brady already is making plans for mountain biking and you aren't even here. Plus, we can switch off babies as we go to the temple, explore Michigan together. . . the next best thing to being neighbors in Villa Rose

Dan Cummings said...

I am really excited for you guys! It should go as a warning that Art Neely is an Ohio State fan... You may want to go into hiding if he finds out...

Brit said...

Yeah!!! You can visit my old stomping grounds in Ohio. Be sure you go to Cedar Point in the Summer and visit my favorite ice cream place in Perrysburg, Ohio, Mr. Freeze!!! You lucky girl!

Shae said...

Congratulations! Good luck and have fun!

I don't have any advice as to where to go, because I've never been there! Although, I hear that Cedar Point is awesome...Kara used to work there during her summers.

Mark and Cristin said...

That is exciting, but we'll miss having you close by for lunch dates every so often. Good thing we can check your blog still and keep up on what you guys are doing!

ctarbet said...

Donald (Dave's brother) lives there, he is doing a program at U of M! They live in Canton, MI! We love to visit, it's a beautiful area!!

JoSue said...

congrats on the final decision! 4-5 more years though? Man, you're a much better wife than me Stacey. It all pays off in the end however. That's awesome. Good luck with the housing search and everything else that goes along with moving. We'll be doing all the fun stuff next year!

CORYNN AND JER said...

So, by the time you get back you'll have, like, 5 more kids!! Right??

beckstarr said...

Stacy! I found your blog comment!! I love your pics. of sweet Jacob! I'm sad that I won't be seeing you on Sundays anymore, but what a great thing that our hubbys could serve there together! I hope you guys love Michigan!

Dee said...

We are sad to see you go but are excited for you to have great new life experiences. Have fun and don't forget your coat!