Aug 30, 2010

TWD: Crunchy and Custardy Peach Tart

I'm a week late on this post, unfortunately. I was so excited about this tart and spent a lot of time last Monday preparing all of its different parts. If you are one of those people who keeps a partially baked tart shell in the freezer, this will come together pretty quickly. But I am not one of those people. I also am not one of those people who has a food processor, so I think I overworked my tart dough by a lot even before I put it in my extra hot oven to nearly burn the edges. The peaches were to be arranged in a spoke-like fashion around the center peach but my peaches were a little too big so I just did what you see above instead. I think the custard bakes better when the peaches aren't all layered together like how I had them, so I'll keep that in mind next time and use smaller peaches (and peaches that are a bit more ripe!). I don't want to sound complainy, but I was a little let down after all my work. I think next time I make any kind of tart I will borrow a food processor so I can at least get the pastry to come together better. I do love how pretty these tarts turned out for the other TWD bakers last week and here's hoping my next one is a little better! Thanks to Rachel for her excellent summer recipe pick! Visit her blog sweet tarte to get the recipe if you're interested in making this. Happy baking!

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

Looks yummy!! Hope you get a food processor for Christmas!