Since I'm not an espresso drinker or user, I can't vouch for the actual recipe, but the delicious version Dorie included in the "Playing Around" section was fabulous. My house smelled so lovely this afternoon while I was mixing up the spices with the flour and of course while the shortbread was baking. I was also delighted in the middle of my clean-up process to realize that I did not need to wash my rolling pin since it never touched the dough while it was in the bag. Splendid!
I wanted to try some with cream cheese and a little peach slice on top. For some reason that sounded good in my head, maybe I'll give it a go at breakfast tomorrow.
Happy baking, and stick around for a couple more posts about how I've been using some of summer's bounty the last couple of days. I'm so looking forward to September's fare for Tuesdays With Dorie:
- Peanut Butter Crisscrosses
- Cranberry Upside-Downer
- Coffee-Break Muffins (I'll be making these with something else, maybe milk, instead of coffee and espresso)
- Tarte Fine (this will be my first experience with using puff pastry! And, in true Dorie style, she encourages bakers to scout out an all butter option. It doesn't surprise me at all that she and a certain Julia were good friends! Butter has a nice way of binding people together, perhaps literally and figuratively.)
No comments:
Post a Comment