Aug 29, 2010

A few things

I just wanted to post a few pictures, and write a few little things about a few interesting things that have gone on recently. First, my brother, Mark, recently sent a snake skin. It all started when I asked him to send me a whole snake so I could preserve it and put it on my desk as a conversation piece. He saw one while fishing, and called me at work as he had it pinned down with a stick to ask if I was serious. After we determined we needed better plans for how to send the whole snake, he shot it (while still on the phone) with the little piston shotgun I am loaning him, skinned it, packed it in salt, and sent it to me. I cleaned it off a bit, and dried. It is a pretty cool little rattlesnake skin. This is, by the way, the same brother that was nearly killed several weeks back by a mountain lion (when he was hunting coyotes). The lion was literally jumping at him, when he shot it in the chest, and killed it. Rebecca has been sick recently. Here she is wallowing in her misery, and eating one of Jacob's potty prizes. We went to some yard sales yesterday, and I got 5 ties for a dollar. They are amazingly amazing ties. Here, Jacob and I show two of them off. Jacob actually wore this one to church, tied exactly like this. Kids today, and the things they wear. Yesterday we went out and got a few pallets (after yard saling and getting some peaches to make jam with). I made this picnic table out of them. It is a pretty rough little table--all I did was cut the pallets a bit, and screw them together. However, I am pretty proud of it. It is pretty close to the only useful thing I have done in several weeks (although, all said, neither of the kids even wanted to eat at it for dinner yesterday).

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Count me as one of your faithful readers! Love all the photos!!! The picnic table is VERY impressive!!!

Shae said...

wow! very impressive post!! the snake, the ties, the table...all very impressive! definitely no fun to have sick kids, though. i'm glad that rebecca knows that treats are always a good "wallowing" item. :)

Michelle said...

That is an impressive picnic table! Great job! And poor Rebecca. I hope she is feeling better.