Last Sunday Jacob found my dated copy of the Mickey Mouse Cookbook and said we should make something out of it. It was right before bedtime, so I told him he could pick something to make on Monday. Right before naptime we pored over the whole book together, with Jacob commenting mostly on the names of a couple characters he knew and asking who the others were, and asking about the recipes. In the end he decided to make Archimedes' Meat Loaf, Daisy's Baked Potatoes, and broccoli. I didn't get any pictures of him putting the meatloaf and potatoes in the oven with me, but that may have been one of his favorite parts of making dinner. But here's how the rest of dinner prep went down:
Mis en place!

Hands washed, apron on, and ready to go! He enjoyed beating the egg a bit but thought it was sauce at first. We eat eggs all the time but I guess he'd never seen one just hanging out in a bowl before.
breadcrumbs and herbs and garlic and onion

salt

ketchup

Mixing it all up after he dumped the hamburger in.
He wasn't convinced using his hands would be okay until I did it.
- J: "Mommy! You're all dirty on your fingers!"
- Mom: "That's okay, I'll be sure to wash my hands in a minute or two."
- J: "Oh, I want to get my hands in the hangumer. I do! I do!"

Ready to bake!

A little dark around the edges due to baking it in our darker pan, but it was very tasty nonetheless! He was so excited to share what he made with the family.
And here is the little chef yesterday, heading outside to eat some of mom's leftover Primary smarties at his new picnic table. I figured I better post another picture of him sporting one of Jeff's fancy new ties. He loved that the tie had blue in it, just like his blue shirt.
1 comment:
Jacob, Can I have some of your meatloaf the next time you make it, it looks great! See you soon I hope.
Grandpa
Post a Comment