Sep 18, 2009

Fine Dining

First bite!

Seeing as how the day after Labor Day signals the start of something new for many (particularly the someone in our household who just began his second-to-last semester of classes!), I decided that would be a fine day for Rebecca to have her first taste of real food. Or, to be truthful, "real" food. She enjoyed her rice cereal, even grabbing the spoon as I approached her mouth, and has since decided that she is also a fan of butternut squash, roasted and pureed with love by mom.

Two nights ago when I was feeding her some squash/rice medley, I decided to snap a few pictures. I think it is safe to say that nothing went into her mouth during that meal, based on what I saw about the time I shot the following:
What a happy girl she is. Tonight we'll see about acorn squash and then from there on to avocados, applesauce, oatmeal, barley, bananas, all the good stuff. Luckily she has a brother helping her out to speed things along - today I caught him sneaking her a small lick of his orange "wallypop" that they gave us at the bank yesterday. She loved it, of course!

No comments: