I've mentioned to some people already why I really enjoy listening to this album. It sounds like Kenny Loggins from the "Danger Zone" era and earlier mixed with Kenny Loggins of the Return to Pooh Corner era. And that makes for good listening. And it is great fun to listen to this album with a certain toddler of mine who tries to copy whatever dance I am doing.
A couple of our favorite songs include Loggins' original "Moose 'n Me" about his hound dog he had many years ago, and a cover of Mika's "Your Lollipop." I really like that each of Loggins' kids have an appearance on the album, making it truly appropriate for families to "join in" and listen to! There is also doo-wop, Beatles, Randy Newman, other 1960s hits, Feist, all sorts of good stuff to hear.
Fiction: Loggins is too old to still be making a name for himself in the music business.
Fact: Loggins and Messina are on tour.
Fact: I recommend this album wholeheartedly.
Here is a list of the tracks:
- Underneath the Same Sky
- All Together Now
- You've Got a Friend in Me
- Two of Us
- Come Go With Me
- There Is a Mountain
- The Puppy Song
- You Can All Join In
- Gandhi/Buddha
- Long Tailed Cat
- Your Lollipop
- Moose 'n Me
- 1234
No comments:
Post a Comment