Jan 19, 2008

The day no skeet should die

So, my brother and I (the brother who has been mentioned several times by several different names on this blog) went skeet shooting today. For those of you lefties out there, skeet shooting, or clay pigeon shooting, or trap shooting, is when you throw a clay target out up in the air, and shoot it with a shotgun. We did not shoot for long, as we had some visitors, but, it was fun.
Kevin decided that, along with shooting, he would establish a small piece of land to be known as the "Kevin Hoopes Skeet Sanctuary", and as part of this process, tried as hard as possible to kill as few skeets as possible. He thus shot only 10/15 skeet (compared to my 11/12). Again, we didn't shoot for long, but, it was fun.
As part of the competitive process, of course, accounting came into effect, and it was debated whether we should count our record per skeet, or per shell. If, for example, you shot at a skeet, missed, and were able to shoot again and hit it while it was still in the air, would that could as 1/1, or 1/2? If it counts as 1/1, as Kevin said it should, that would carry the perverse outcome of being able to hit the same skeet twice, and then get 2/1, having a higher than 100% shooting average. Also, it would allow one to retrieve thrown skeet from the ground and shot at them again, and thus improve ones record.
So, logically, we went with the record based on the number of shells fired.
So, that is that.
So, since Kevin lost, and since he has always been good at computer games, perhaps he can redeem himself here, with this online version of a skeet shoot:

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Alright that is the dumbest game I ever saw, the gun doesn't even point at the sky.

aaron wilkinson said...

Dearest Jacob,

I am so glad that you found me; I can't help but think of how large and round your head is in proportion to your body. I find that rather attractive you know, considering my head is the same.

To my dismay I have to inform you that I may not be good enough for your late night crib extravaganzas. You see, I am not old enough yet for a pacifier... YES! I know. But dearest Jacob, one day I promise you I will be, and when that day comes... I really don't know what will happen but I'm sure it will involve lots of milk or sucking.

Yours truly,

Emery Mae