Jan 8, 2008

Gloves

So, one of the most irritating things in life, for me at least, is to lose one glove. On the one hand (get it), you no longer have a workable pair of gloves. You have one single glove--not useful for anything. On the other hand, you could simply solve the problem by throwing the remaining glove away. However, this, for me, is bad. It is as if you are giving up hope of ever finding the last glove. It is not allowing for the lost and wayward glove to return back to the fold to its mate. So, that is bad. So, that is my story.
I thought of this this morning, not when I lost a glove, but, when, in the dark, I accidentally picked up one glove and one sock to take to school. I didn't know what to do. Do I wear one glove? Do I wear one glove and the sock? Do I wear nothing? The first two options are awkward looking, and the last option is cold. What is a guy to do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff have you seen the website for missing gloves. People who lost one glove can log on and they have pictures of lost gloves you can try and match your missing one up with-an online lost and found for gloves. What will they think of next. It was featured on ksl a few weeks ago, I went to the site but don't remember its name-is is based in Chicago or someother big city with lots of cold weather.

the firths said...

i like your pragmatic approach of just doing whatever you can to keep those fingers circulating. i've found that if you obtain a certain critical mass of gloves, missing one glove (or even several) has no bearing on your potential to keep both hands engloved, as there are plenty to cycle through until the wayward gloves return to the fold (or glove bucket).