So, 2.5 years ago, I went on a biking tour of downtown DC. They told us before the tour that talking on a cell phone while riding on the bike was not allowed. I thought to myself, "What crazy idiot would/could ride on their bike and talk on a phone at the same time?"
Well, I have become that idiot. I often talk on my phone as I ride. However, today, it had bad consequences--it led to my first accident on my bike.
I was riding on campus, going about 1o mph, and wanted to shift my right hand gears. I was using my right hand to hold my phone. SO, I tried to cross over, lost balance, and the bike wanted to fall. I smartly hopped off, landing well on my feet, while the bike went sliding across the pavement. Luckily, I was not hurt, my bike was not hurt, and my phone conversation was not interrupted.

9 comments:
It is bad enough that crazy bike riders dont know how to share the road, but, they talk on their phones as well. Horrible.
Why did you take your links down? I used them to read other blogs.
At first I thought this was your bike and had been killed but then I noticed you just put the picture in to terrorize your mom.
Then I wondered why you ask yourself questions.
If your bike wasn't hurt then whose bike below did you hurt to take that picture? How rude!!
ah- i see you have stumbled upon an effective strategy of receiving more posts....
how are your bunny hops coming along?
so, what bike was it that you were riding when you had your accident?
To answer Kevin's question, I was riding my bike, one of my two.
Don Loper! I can't believe that you would crash on your bike. I've seen your bike skills and think you're making this post up.
Post a Comment