Jan 18, 2008

Home

If down were up And up were down If the biggest city Where the smallest town If the vicious lion Were a harmless mouse If the kings castle Was a poor cobblers house If the burning hot sun Were a cold block of ice If the torturers touch Felt very nice If the most beautiful woman Were the ugliest hag If the iron man's muscles Started to sag If the mightiest mountain Were the smallest stone Only then Would I be at home
-Don Loper

1 comment:

aaron wilkinson said...

Don,
I found this on Wikipedia.com, is this really you?


Don Loper (April 26, 1906 - November 22, 1972) Born in Toledo, Ohio was an American costume and necktie designer, as well as a screenwriter, choreographer, Associate Producer, actor, and assistant to MGM musicals producer Arthur Freed.

Loper is also known for introducing Judy Garland to her future husband, director Vincente Minnelli.

Loper's work, some of which was designed for stars like Ella Fitzgerald is featured in the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the California African American Museum. He also played himself in an episode of I Love Lucy titled The Fashion Show in 1955.

He died in Santa Monica, California, from complications following a lung puncture.


I hope this is you, but not dead.