The dough for these cookies tastes pretty good, and we'll eat the baked version when Jeff gets home for Family Home Evening. He won't like the raisins or nuts in them but I decided I'd try to follow the recipe pretty well. Turns out all I had was blackstrap molasses, which it says not to use (it is boiled an additional time past regular molasses and so it has different properties. Thanks Wikipedia!) so I used a combo of honey and brown sugar and it seems to have worked well. I froze most of the dough in balls so it can be baked in the future. These kind of look like a granola bar in cookie form, YUM! Mine had raisins, chocolate chips and some mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, Brazilian nuts) that came from a Swiss Colony gift box.
**It is my policy to wait until my husband is home to taste what I make in its finished form. I don't know why, but that is just what I do. If they are really no good I'll amend this post, but I think they'll be great!**
10 comments:
They look good.
I didn't use molasses either, but used brown sugar.
those look really tasty! and yes...real life is ALWAYS like that, isn't it?!?
Thanks for keeping it real. I feel like my posts of the girls, always still in pj's in the mornings area a pretty good representation of our mornings.
the cookies and biscuits look yummy. I should really take more pictures of food and post more recipes!
I think most of us can identify with your 'keeping it real', I have even posted a few failures on my blog. These cookies were a smashing success. Delish!
I love the keeping it real portion. I think that is what my kitchen looks like most of the time. Those cookies look great! I keep thinking that I should try out some of these recipes. :)
Note that the mixer in the sink has NOT been properly licked, suggesting that I was not home when these cookies were constructed.
Note also that while Stacey portrays the top picture as "reality", when I came home for the day, the kitchen was spotless. As she notes, however, this is not always the case.
It's nice of you to wait for him! Your kitchen looks just like everyone else's, I'm sure. Mine is more chaotic and cluttered than I'd like, but that's life. Hope you enjoy the cookies! They look wonderful.
I'm just glad that you have a kitchen because I live in a tent.
Jeff, you should seriously consider the Hobo life. It's fun!
I live in an office. It is not as nice as a tent, but, it is something.
LOL! Love your kitchen photo.
With 3 young twenty-somethings in my house, hubby lucky if there's anything left when he gets home. Times will change for you too.
Post a Comment