One of the reasons to be in Virginia the week after Rebecca's birthday was that my high school friend and former bassoon-playing buddy Allison had her wedding. She met her husband Mike on their first day of college in 2001 and now almost 9 years later they are Mr. and Mrs. Lundberg. The wedding was very nice, and the reception was quite the party at Meadowlark Gardens. There were some friends there from high school that I haven't seen in ages, including the DJ, and it was great to be able to catch up with people. Allison is a twin, and you'll see there were a couple other sets of twins there to celebrate the big day! Thanks to Tricia for being my "pretend twin" in that last picture. I'm so glad I could be there for Allison and Mike's big day!
And yes, as the bride and groom entered the dance floor after the bridal party was announced, the Penn State fight song was playing. It was classic. Please, tell me that a BYU grad I know has done this. With the BYU fight song, that is.
Allison's twin sister Sara caught the bouquet, so I'm hoping that I can write a post about her wedding in the future...

L to R: Me, Sara, and Allison (Go Band! and Go Bangs!) at the 1998 Holiday Concert. I cut Chas out of the picture. So be it.
No comments:
Post a Comment