Apr 6, 2010

TWD: Coconut and Lime Tea Cake

Saturday night while Jeff was at the Priesthood session of General Conference for our church, I whipped up the Coconut Tea Cake for Tuesdays with Dorie. I figured I'd take it to a little ward get-together some friends host on the Sunday of General Conference every six months so we wouldn't eat all of it. Jacob grabbed a couple fistfuls before we ever made it out the door. He said it was good, so on his recommendation I thought I'd have some too. :) Turns out lots of people took cake-like items, so I think Jeff and I were the only ones who ate any at the gathering. I took a plate of 3 slices to some neighbors and then we pretty much have eaten all of it. It's very moist, and I actually am really glad I added the lime based on one of Dorie's suggestions in the Playing Around section of this recipe. I made a glaze of coconut milk and powdered sugar to drizzle over the slices. This morning I toasted a couple slices of this cake and figured I'd take a picture before I chowed down. This is great-tasting and very moist and the coconut in the cake adds a neat texture, I think. This one would be worth making again! Thanks for hosting, Carmen!
*Note: I switched March 30th with April 6th so I could make this for Easter and I didn't make the Mocha-Walnut Marbled Bundt Cake because I don't do mocha/coffee stuff. Next week: Swedish Visiting Cake.

1 comment:

Shae said...

ooh...the cake looks and sounds like it would be SO good!!!