Oct 14, 2008

Jacob updates

I have been doing many fun things with Jacob in the last couple of weeks. Here are just a few things we've decided to share with the Team Hoopes readership!
Last week we visited Plymouth Orchards in the rain. It let up for a little while and we ventured outside to the petting zoo. (Tangent: I grew up calling these Pet-a-Pet Farms, which is more fun to say.) Jacob didn't notice the animals all that much this time around, but for the most part they were all eating so maybe he was just being respectful.
The orchards and cider mills here in Michigan are known for their cider (imagine that!) and doughnuts. Jacob shared a doughnut with me and seemed to enjoy it. You'll notice that I am not as respectful as Jacob when people are eating and I get in their face and take pictures. He was sporting some new clothes that day from his Aunt Megan and Aunt Kristin.

Having finished his Lazy Lasagna, except for a few scattered bits of cottage cheese, and after sipping a few slow sips of his diluted juice, Jacob cried out "Dinnertime nap, anyone?"! Jacob wasn't around for this since he was already in bed, but one night last week I figured I'd try out a new idea I saw for Candy Corn Quesadillas. They were so cute, and tasty too. I think a 3 year old Jacob would be even more wowed than candy candy corn-loving Jeff was, so that is why I include this picture here. :) I wish I could come up with stuff like this on my own sometimes. *If I made them again I would not bother with the bottom layer, though the extra cheese was delicious. Also, cook them in a pan like I did and finish up in the microwave to get the desired look looking better if you wish. We like our cheese crisps crispy, not soggy.*

Our doctor's office is just down the road from the Domino's Pizza headquarters here in Ann Arbor, just around the corner from home, so I took Jacob on a hunt to find and to visit a pretty ugly office building yesterday after we had his head measured again. I decided to take a picture of the sign for kicks, but I guess I was hoping for free pizza when I drove into the parking lot. Oh well, at least you can notice our lovely fall colors in the background. Next door to the Domino's corporate office is a farm, called Domino's Farms even though it is not affiliated with the pizza chain. There is a big pet-a-pet farm there so we'll have to make that visit soon!

And here are some videos for your entertainment. Jacob learned just last week that he is tall enough to play me a tune, and he is a huge fan of the Rocky soundtrack like his parents. Last night for Family Home Evening, our friend getting his Ph.D. in music did a trumpet demonstration for us. Jacob must have been paying attention to that...notice 0:26-0:29 in the first video.

6 comments:

John Hoopes said...

Jacob is really a cute little boy.

Grandpa

Tess said...

Keep the videos coming! I cannot even believe how big he's getting. His dancing is SO cute!

Shae said...

Fun Pictures ( and videos!). I will have to try out the "candy corn" quesadillas. That one of the few things that Micah will eat right now...it might be fun for him to have a new twist to it!

Maureen said...

I call them pet-a-pet farms too! Was that the old name for the Reston Zoo? I want those candy-corn quesadillas too!

BrittWilk said...

Okay... I want a Randazzo's. I'm totally jealous.

And cute pics - especially the one of Jacob sleeping in his high chair! Haha.

Nola said...

Does Domino Farm still have buffalo? We liked to drive through their Christmas light display. Have fun in the great state.