Aug 28, 2007
Interesting thought?
So nothing too eventful has happened to me yet this week, besides that I'm-packing-stuff-and-now-I-feel-nostalgic-and-I've-really-loved-living-here-for-two-years feeling, but here is one thought I am choosing to share.
Last night Jeff commented on my news-hungriness in relation to the Crandall Canyon mine incident. I admit that in the early days after the collapse I was glued to cnn.com and news channels around 5 PM, but I insist that it is because I worked for the Mine Safety and Health Administration as an intern back in 2004. I know what headquarters deals with during such accidents and how proactive they are about making changes in safety after something like this happens. The former Asst. Secretary of Labor for MSHA, David Lauriski, even gave a brown-bag lunch talk about what his personal dealings were following the Quecreek mine accident in 2003 in PA.
Jeff said he is more riveted by news stories that deal with entire nations, such as the current Cuban conundrum relating to Fidel Castro's whereabouts/condition/mortality. This is interesting to me also, but it is not something I check for updates on.
It made me think - maybe this has to do with differences between me & Jeff, or between men and women in general, that we feel to gain more from certain news pieces depending on the scope of the story or how we can relate to it. I wonder if anyone else has experienced something like this. Let me know if you have, as I am curious.
We are moving out on Thursday and moving in to our new place on Saturday, so we have a busy rest of the week ahead of us. I can't wait to "build" a place/corner for the baby boy once we're able to unpack! LABOR day will have new meaning this year...work, work, work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray for an ATK fan! Are you ready for the baby?! That's so exciting! I love cooking so much that I even made my own baby food for Ethan when he started eating solids. I know I know, I'm crazy, but I loved it! I can give you some great tips when that time comes. Just get through the joys of breastfeeding first. Good luck!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/21-daftar-atlet-terkaya-di-dunia-yang-kamu-harus-tahu/
Post a Comment