Aug 11, 2007
Rappelling
So, for a while now myself and Aaron Wilkinson have been talking about doing some rappelling. Aaron is an avid and excellent rock climber (as well as a gentleman and a scholar), and he agreed to take me rappelling on Friday morning.
It was really fun. We started by hiking/scrambling up to where we were to rappel from, a cliff up Rock Canyon. The scramble was exciting, exciting enough I opted to rope up for some of it. It was interesting, because we faced a cliff in front of us, and Aaron said we were going up it. He said I could rope up if I wanted. I wanted, so after some training, he grabbed the end of a rope and scurried up the rock, rope-less. Then, he threw an end down to me, and said to climb up, and that he had the other end of the rope under control if I fell. The problem was, was that I could not see Aaron. But, by faith, I scurried up the rock, and I didn't even die. Here is a short video of that first little rock we went up, as Aaron climbed up with the rope. I think you can hear Aaron humming in the background.
Then, we went up to the top. After some more training and when we were ready to climb, I got to throw the rope of the edge of the cliff, which was exciting. Here is me doing that:
And finally, here is me going down the cliff, in a video, and one picture.
Of course, we owe this whole thing to Aaron, clothed in Capris and powered by GoYin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know Aaron Wilkinson. He's a great guy. He used to climb with my sister Janae (and they used to date, but that was ages ago).
Post a Comment