Aug 5, 2007

This week

So, this was a pretty exciting week. Below, you will find a brief summary of some of the activities we have been engaged in: Monday, David, Joe and I hiked up The Pfeifferhorn, a peak up little Cottonwood canyon outside of Sandy UT. We were supposed to go hiking with some llamas up Mt Timanogous, but, that was not to be. The hike took about 6 hours, was 9 miles round trip, rising 3622 feet, and finishing it around 11,326 feet. It was a good time, and there was a lot of fun scrambling. Here is a little show of some of the picture. There are more exciting pictures that were taken, but I did not take them, so do not have them just yet. That was fun. Tuesday was fairly uneventful. I was not feeling too good from the hike, and so the da was not all that pleasant. As a result, the practice GMAT verbal test I took was the worst I had ever done, and I got what would end up probably being around a 550. This might be a good enough school to get me into a program at Orem Community College, but not much else. SO, that was discouraging. Wednesday, we picked Kevin up from his mission. The previous Friday, I had wanted to have a 6 foot banner printed up, but because of some lack of techincal skill at the printing place I went, I ended up getting a 24 foot banner. Here is a picture of that sweet banner.
So, we also went up and picked up Kevin. It was the first time Ihad ever been involved in the picking up of a missionaries. All 3 of my other siblings that have come home came home at some time or in some manner that prohibited me from going to pick them up. Anyways, it was fun. It was funny to watch Kevin. It is a very, very awkward position to be in. You have been writting letters your family for two years, and before than you were very familiar with them. However, when you get home, it seems like these people that you thought you knew, and that you love, are strangers. It is a very odd feeling.
Thursday, like Tuesday, was fairly uneventful. I went and played my first round of golf for my golf class. I played 9 holes on the executive course at Eastbay, and hit a 51. Par for the 9 holes was 30, so, I need to work a little bit more on my game. However, it was fun.
We also bought a tamale from a lady that was going door to door selling them. I told her that Stacey had tried tamales before, and had not liked them because she had not had a good tamale. I told her that if Stacey tried a third bad tamale, her tamale days may be over. The lady assured me that the tamales were good. In the end, they were not.
Friday, I took another practice GMAT test. I felt like it was going very poorly, but in the end, I got a 720 on it. That is 10 points higher than the average for most of the best MBA programs. While I dont want an MBA, this would be sufficient to get me into a program of my chosing. So, while it would not be amazing, it would be great.
Friday, we also came up to Soda Springs. It was fun. On the way up, we went to the Martin Harris pageant in Clarkston, UT. It was alright, but, out of all the pageants I ahve been to (Mesa, Palmyra, Manti, and now this one), I would put it second to last right ahead of Manti. But, it was interesting. Here is a picture of the landscape right around the pageant.
Saturday, we went to Bear Lake. It was fun. Here is a little album, and a few pictures.
Saturday was also Stacey's birthday. She got lots of presents, had a nice cake, and had a good day. Her favorite present was Rocky IV, and her favorite quote is "In the warriors code, there's no surrender. When his body says stop, his spirit cries, NEVER" Well, actually, maybe her husband just likes it. That is all I have to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stace -
I LOVE that cake!! How COOL!! Who made it. I hope you had a fabulous birthday, wish I could have been there to help celebrate
Love,
Dana

stacey said...

Jeff's mom made the awesome penguin cake by modifying a cake she baked in a teddy bear pan. It was amazing! She is creative like that. I couldn't bear to cut it when it was time to eat it, so Jeff had to do the slaughtering. *sniff sniff*