Aug 25, 2007
Days of Dreaming, Done
So, I receive fulfillment in my life in very few ways. One of them is dreaming about how things would be if my dreams came to pass, if what I wished for and what I wanted was. One dream I have, one of my innermost desires, is to own a scooter. Every time I think about it, I get chills down my spine as I can feel the wind blowing in my face, as I feel the pressure of the throttle on my hands as I speed along at 20 MPH, and as I can feel my weight shift as I turn a corner.
However, I don't own a scooter. The only way I can live this dream is to walk over to Aaron Wilkinson's scooter in my parking lot, and gaze at it. I touch it a little, giving it tender little pets, and I imagine how life would be if I, too, could own a scooter. These little episodes give me a sense of sanity and a feeling of fulfillment.
However, it is all to end. The scooter is to be sold. My days of dreaming are over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jeff,
I know how you feel. I feel the same way when the police hauled my mother to the slammer for imbezzling Goyin.
I'm so sorry Jeffrey. :( I didn't mean to destroy your life, dreams and aspirations.
Aaron Wilkinson
aka "The Dream Basher"
It was a dream of mine too, once. Alas, some dreams will never come true.
I guess for now you will have to keep enjoying your clip on bike shoes to get that 'wind in your hair feeling.' Plus, where will baby ride on the scooter? I guess it's just as well. We miss having someone to whistle to us. I guess there are downsides to living in our own home- no Hoopes to share our building with. :( we miss you guys
-danielle
Where is the baby going to ride? They think of everything with these scooters. The seat lifts up, and there is a little compartment under there, just the right size for a wee one. He would feel just like a little baby chick, getting sat on and protected.
Post a Comment