Sep 7, 2007
The last two weeks
So, you may have noticed a lack of new posts in the last two weeks (and by that, I am obviously talking introspectively, since I am pretty much the only person who reads this, and indeed, I have noticed a lack of new posts). Well, it is because we have been busy.
A week and two days ago I took the GMAT, the test that influences where I will end up going to get a PhD, and subsequently, where I end up teaching, what kind of career I have, and how the rest of my life goes. So, I got that over with. It went very well, although not as well as some of my practice tests had gone. In the end, I was happy, but having imagined being able to be even more happy, was a little bit sad. Oh well.
I came straight home and started packing, as we had to be out of our apartment the next day at 2. So, we packed all evening and morning, and were out by 2. We put all of our stuff in several places, but since we could not move into our new apartment until Saturday, none of those places included our new apartment.
I had class to prepare for and teach at 5:30, then a pregnancy class to attend at 6:30.
The next day, we were homeless until about 3, when I got a call saying we were free to move into our new apartment. I started moving a few things.
Saturday, we continued moving everything again, and started arranging our house.
Sunday, I had a busy day at church, as we had a lot of new people move into the ward that had to be dealt with.
Monday, we continued arranging the house all day.
Tuesday was the first day of school, and so I had to deal with that, as well as all the other things that comes with school starting.
So, I am done with the first week of school, and so am now writing this post.
It didn't really say anything, besides providing excuses for not writing.
But, as I said in the beginning, since I am the only one reading, I am basically excusing myself, so, I guess I must also say to myself, "You're excused."
Soon, we may have exciting videos of our new house. Get excited.
PS. The babys coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahem... I read your posts too. Just FYI. But I can understand your lack of posting lately. You are excused! ;-)
There are numerous people who read your posts. And if you look at our blog, we only posted 3 times in August due to our move (and you can hardly count one of the posts). So, no need to apologize, it comes with the territory of moving. Also, Stacey, you are right, you are never completely ready for your child. There are days I still don't feel ready, and Lydia is almost 14 months old!! :) We are excited for you. The Boyds... (well, Michelle at least)
i bet it feels great having that test done. i'm very very curious to know what the polymath hoopes man scored, but i will restrain myself. good luck in the new estate.
-brady
Post a Comment