I only made 1/4 of the recipe and it looks like it will be plenty to just give it a try. I didn't go hunting for hazelnuts to grind, and we don't have any raspberry jam that's not frozen solid, so my cookies have almond and apricot flavors instead. The dough came together very quickly, but was a little dry so I added probably a teaspoon and a half of milk, and I think these would be great if you need to whip something up pretty quickly for company coming. It's the kind of cookie that makes me wish I lived in like 1905 and had a parlor to greet my guests in with a silver platter of cute cookies.
Thanks to Mike for hosting this week. Check out the TWD site to see how everyone else's Thumbprints turned out. And the big secret is that the indents are not made with your thumb; Dorie suggests using your pinkie or the end of a wooden spoon. I chose the latter. And thanks for humoring me for my special edition of Wednesday with Dorie. Stay tuned for another tart next week - Soft Chocolate and Raspberry Tart.
No comments:
Post a Comment