Today I came across a blog of someone that left our ward here in Michigan shortly before we got here (her husband was also an accounting student), and learned a little bit of a tragedy that happened last Spring when her almost two year-old niece died as a result of choking on a little bite of an apple. There is a lot that went through my mind as I read about this sweet little girl and how her parents have been strengthened by their faith in God and eternal families, but I guess I could sum my own emotions up and just say that when Jacob wakes up from his nap today I'm going to play with him, tickle him, read to him, learn from him, and love him just a little bit more.
In the words of a beautiful song from the musical Little Women, sung by Mrs. March to her daughter Jo after Beth's passing: I want days of plenty.
Days of Plenty
I never dreamed of this sorrow,
I never thought I'd have reason to lament,
I hoped I'd never know heartbreak,
How I wish I could change the way things went!
I wanted nothing but goodness,
I wanted reason to prevail,
Not this bare emptiness.
I wanted Days of Plenty.
But I refused to feel tragic,
I am aching for more than pain and grief.
There has got to be meaning,
Most of all when a life has been so brief.
I have got to learn something,
How can I give her any less?
I want life to go on.
I want Days of Plenty.
You have to Believe,
There is reason for Hope.
You have to Believe
That the answers will come.
You can't let this defeat you.
I won't let this defeat you.
You must fight to keep her there,
Within you!
So Believe that she matters!
And Believe that she always will!
She will always be with you!
She'll be part of the days you've yet to feel!
She will live in your bounty!
She will live as you carry on your life!
So carry on,
Full of Hope,
She'll be there,
For all your Days of Plenty
4 comments:
This is fitting for me today since I found out that one of the sisters from my mission is a widow as of last October. She has a little boy that's about a year old. I just have been thinking about it a lot today. How difficult losing someone is.
i miss shacob! that is a great picture of him. give him an extra hug from me!
When I was in that production, that was one of my favorite songs (next to the Kite song, "Some Things are Meant to Be"). Kudos to you for having heard of it! Hope you guys enjoyed Groundhog Day.
To answer your question - It was a Grandma needed to do the music in Primary and Jan (nursery leader) was my visiting teacher and had pity on me and took him into nursery! He did o.k. because he knew most of the leaders in there.
Post a Comment