Jan 25, 2009

Done and done!

The past three weeks I've been working with some friends of mine one night a week (and on my own also) to make a birthday banner.  I finally finished last night at 10:04 PM.  Here are the results of my attempt at craftiness!  I think I'll hang it when I leave for the hospital to have this baby in a couple months; otherwise we can't use it until Jeff's birthday in June! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, there was a lot of work that went into this. Interestingly, from an accounting point of view, the more this gets used, the less of that "effort" is used up per use, making it less "costly" to use the banner per birthday. So, in the end, having more children will make this asset more productive and less costly to use. There you have it, a great argument based on cost accounting for Stacey and I having a couple dozen kids.

stacey said...

Even if we don't have a "couple dozen kids" (minus points for saying that when I am 32 weeks pregnant, honey), we could just leave it up all the time, like people do with their Christmas lights in small towns. Besides, I spent less than $15 on all the stuff so I am not going to sit there and think of how much it is costing every time I use it, since it was not an exorbitant amount of money.

For everyone else: if you need to find a connection between whatever it is you do (in this case, hand-sewing, machine-sewing, hot-gluing and general making-of-cute-things) and the true religion of accounting, you now know who to talk to. And you will never be the same again.

Thompson Family said...

Stace - That banner is amazing! You did a great job, and what a creative craft! love it!

RyanSarahN said...

how cute are you! i want to make one now, what a fun idea. incidentally, how is the pregnancy coming along? down the home stretch now, right?