Nov 27, 2008

A few things I am grateful for

So, here is a partial list of things I am thankful for. All could have explanations for why I am truly very thankful for these things, but, this is not included. Also, things on here are not equally weighted, so, there are things I am eternally thankful for, and things that are just kinda nice to have around. I basically just sat and typed until I was done, then I alphabetized.

 

 

ability to go to a great school for free

ability to see the world so easily

ability to speak Spanish

Alarm clocks

Amazing parents

American economic power

Alphabetization on computers

Apples

Audio books

basement

Birth control

blue chair in my house

books

brothers and sisters

building show caves

car that runs well

cedar chests built by friendly uncles

Cell phones

Christmas break

clean air to breath

Close church building

Close institute building

Computers in general

credit cards

Crushed up candy canes

Days off school

Democracy

DI electric wheat grinder

digital cameras

diverse siblings

docking station

Dryness

Ebay

Email

Employed relatives

family that supports me

father and mother in-law

Fender my my bike

Fine hometeachers

Freedom of religion

General conference

gmail

Good and supportive ward

Good food in general

Good GSIs (when I have them)

good paying job with a bright future

Good professors

google

google chat having video

Google video

Great co-workers

Great health insurance

Great professors to work with

Having a temple so close by

Having had a temple so very very close nearby

Having learned what I did about PhDs at BYU

Healthy pregnancy for my wife

Hosmer lunch of Tuesday

Hot chocolate

How happy Jacob is all the time

I can bike to campus and back

Institute lunches on Friday

interesting questions

Internet accessible databases

Jacob

Lack of food allergies or pickiness by Jacob and Stacey

large book case in my house

leaves changing in the fall

living close to my brother

living in ann arbor

Lots of help from great mentors

Lots of winter clothes

Medical technology that allows me to have what I do

Microsoft Excel

mountain bike trails

Music

My health

My mission in Neuquen

My Testimony

My wife, Stacey Lea

Never having to worry about going hungry

New business school building

nice place to live

office to study in

Online newspapers

Peanut hours

people who like to do mundane stuff

people willing to serve

Pink pearl erasers

Political stability

Professors getting sick

red road bike with pedals

regular first name

Rhapsody.com

Rich donors to business schools worldwide

Sales

SAS

siblings in law

smart people who thought ways of answering questions up

snow

soft bed

Somewhat uncorrupt nation

Stacey's ability and desire to get a MS

Stacey's calling

Stacey's love of music

Stata

Stattranfer

Temple marriage

That Jacob goes to sleep easily

That Stacey is pregnant

That UMich gives me stuff

That we live close to VA

The ability to disagree with the majority (for now)

The ability to vote

The Atonement

The chance I had to work at E&Y when I needed to

the chance to be a father

The Gospel

The internet

The luck that I didn't ruin my life before I was 19

the Michigan buses

The Michigan weather

The opportunity I had to go to BYU

The Scriptures

Two sls regression

uneducated folks

Used goods

Walmart

Warmth

water to drink

whistling

wife that likes to drive

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Great list, I would love to hear the story behind a few of them. Glad to see the diversity of your list and the important things that are there. I am still very thankful for you and yours.

Destination Davis said...

"family that supports me"

You are truly blessed, sometimes we don't know how lucky we are unless we've been in another's shoes. I haven't had the same experiences that you've had, nor you I.