was riding around my parking lot, when a little Hispanic boy, about 7, comes up and asks if I want to play a game. I said that I did, and he rode his bike around and said we would play “Red Light Green Light”, the game where there is someone directing, and you go when they say green light, and stop when they say red light. His sister (5) would be the caller, and before we started, he said he had to go get another bike. I waited, and he came back with a bike that he said had only one problem, “it doesn’t have any brakes, so I cant stop very well.” So, we played Red Light Green Light, and with the help of his bike, he won. Go figure. We then had a race, which he also won by cheating. He is a funny kid I have played with a little before, speaking in an amalgamation of English and Spanish. (we kind of live in an area where a lot of immigrants live. The other day a lady knocked on our door and asked in Spanish if I spoke Spanish, and I said I did. She then asked in Spanish, “Do you want to buy some things made out of gold”—not very specific. I didn’t want to buy any. Speaking Spanish in our neighborhood is helpful.)
Laptop Fixen
Then, on Thursday I also got a new hard drive for my laptop, and was able to change it out and got most everything back on my computer, pretty much all the programs except for Office. Unfortunately, Office is the only reason I have a computer. So, we are working on that. I got an Office 2000 copy, but might have to break down and by a copy of Office 2007. Here is a picture of me changing the hard drive.
Stewart Falls
We also hiked up to Stewart Falls on Saturday night with two friends of ours, Tyler and Erin. We always appreciate the few people who are tolerant enough to hang around us. It is a pleasant little jaunt, about 4 miles round trip, and it was pleasant. We made ice cream up at the falls, and ate it up there as well, and then walked back in the dark, aided by artificial lights. Here are some pictures.
More of Squaw Peak
So, one would three posting on this little hike would be enough, but, now that I have my laptop back, I can stitch pictures together, so here are a few more from Squaw Peak.
Mountain Biking
Also, on Saturday morning I went mountain biking with a friend of mine. He is pretty aggressive and in shape, and well, I am not. It was fun. We went on the Bonneville Shoreline trail for maybe a mile, then gave up the mountain biking, and rode down to Utah Lake and back, covering about 18 miles. It was fun. I tipped over a couple times and toppled as I was getting used to my foot being mechanically attached to my pedal, but it was fun.The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment