Jun 10, 2007
General comments and thoughts.
So this Friday night Stacey and I had the unique and wonderful blessing of babysitting the entire Carter Crew, minus the mother and father. It was a fun time, and we did some fun things.
I started out my adventure there by first doing some wrestling. This abruptly ended when Dallin’s nose started bleeding, pouring blood out as if he were a bleeding stuck pig. We got that all settled, and started doing the showcase activity of the night: making a piñata. Now, I have a special affinity for piñatas, having been the president and foun
der of a world renowned charitable organization that seeks to promote the general welfare of piñatas: STOOP. However, that is a story for another day. We started making the piñata, and decided that while Stacey and I were having a good time, the kids were not. Dallin and Taylor refused to touch the paste, Anna and Ryan were board after putting two or three strips on, and so Stacey and I got to finish the piñata by ourselves. So, it was a failure of an activity, although Stacey couldn't remember the last time she'd made one before, so it was a good time. Here I am, showcasing our finished, but not dry, piñata.
So, after that, we watched Happy Feet, a show that I was terribly disappointed in for its anti-religion, anti-establishment, new-morality liberal theme. Further, I didn’t even find it terribly entertaining. The kids, however, liked it, so that was good. We put them to bed, Ryan with the light on, Taylor and Dallin sleeping together, and Anna and Rachel in their hyper pink room. And with that, our babysitting was over. So, that was fun.
On another note, I conducted in sacrament meeting for the first time today. It was alright. The first part of the meeting, the microphone was off, but it was probably better since no one really wanted to listen to me anyways.
I have started working on a research project this last week collecting data with a PhD student at the University of Washington. We are evaluating the usefulness of different proxys for pro-forma earnings announcements, so that is fun. It is not curing cancer, but it is exciting as far as accounting research goes. And, in the end, it could have an impact for how companies, including those producing cancer drugs, report their earnings, acquire capital in the equity markets, and continue operating, so, it is important stuff. It should be a great experience for me.
I also am continuing my work on an empirical evaluation of RateMyProfesssor.com, which has been pretty interesting, and we are preparing to send to a journal probably within the month.
So, that is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Where is your llama stuff.
Post a Comment