This week's pick from Dorie's cookbook was chosen by Kimberly of Only Creative Opportunities. As the recipe's title suggests, Dorie made this recipe really flexible. I chose to go with coconut in my cake with no other dried fruits and used a recipe for marshmallow frosting, also in the cookbook. The frosting came together really easily, as did the cake layers. I think next time I'll make cupcakes with some sort of chocolate frosting as that would be a tasty combination as well! Happy Baking! See you next week for Chewy, Chunky Blondies. I'm already excited to bake those, they sound delicious!
My pictures of the cut cake turned out terribly, so enjoy this nicer one of the whole cake!
And please enjoy the kids sleeping and strollering in style:
6 comments:
Your cake looks great and your kiddos are adorable! Kids crack me up they way they sleep in the craziest positions. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Cute kiddie pics! And the cake looks marvelous :) This was my farewell post with TWD after almost two years of baking along. Hope you'll stop by and say goodbye!
i love pix of kids sleeping. so peaceful. puts a smile on my face :)
I love it--cake and kids!
Fun pictures! I always love checking on the kids to see how they could possibly be sleeping next. Thanks for sharing!
Why do you guys not get fat eating all this scrumptious stuff???
Post a Comment