Jul 10, 2010
Five Years
So, Stacey and I recently celebrated our five year anniversary. It has been an amazing five year. Between us, we have earned 3.5 degrees, had over 7 jobs, had two kids, lived in five houses, visited four countries, lived in three states (or, I guess more accurately, two states and a commonwealth), and owned six barbecue grills. It has been a great time.
In any event, I wanted to get Stacey something made of wood (5 years being the wood anniversary), and I wanted it to have something to do with what we were celebrating--our having been sealed together as a couple for eternity. So, I commissioned my craftsman-brother to do a wood burning on the Washington D.C. temple, where we were married. He was able to burn the temple and ship it to me, and, I was pretty impressed with his handiwork:
It has been an amazing five years, and I am so glad to have been sealed to Stacey in the temple, and to have Jacob and Rebecca benefiting from that sealing. I am anxious and excited for what the next ∞ - 5 years with Stacey will bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That wood-burning of the temple is gorgeous! I'm curious, though...how have your gone through 6 barbecue grills! lol
Happy anniversary! What a beautiful picture!
Love the stats...especially the one about the grills. :) Happy Anniversary!
What a thoughtful gift, Jeff!!There's a reason why I always put you at the top of Matthew's list of friends!!!! Happy Anniversary!!
Post a Comment