Feb 27, 2010

The Chinese Are Out to Get Me

So, I was talking with a Chinese friend of mine the other day (well, I talk to her almost every day, but, this particular conversation happened the other day). She mentioned that she had sent a link to this blog to her parents in China, but, that they were unable to view it, as it was blocked by the Chinese government. I have been censored by the Chinese government.

I wonder how long some Chinese bureaucrat must have spent reading through our hundreds of posts to determine that our blog creates a threat to the future existence of the People's Republic of China. But, regardless of how long it took to come to such a conclusion, the bureaucrat must have ultimately decided that pictures of my children and Tuesday with Dory food my wife cooks will stir the Chinese people to revolution. Rebecca's silly grins will cause the whole country to be overturned by a proletarian uprising. News about our Christmas vacation outings will bring about political insurrection. Jacob's ABCs will cause a coup.

Or, they have just blocked all of blogspot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, the latest news is that somehow my parents are able to view your blog now. They still have some trouble viewing the pictures, but I feel it's probably due to some technical problem.

It is highly possible that the Chiese bureaucrat read this post and decided that it indeed does no harm to the political situation in China whatsoever.