Michelle of flourchild is the Tuesdays with Dorie host for this week. She chose the recipe for the Honey Wheat Cookies. I made these Monday night for our Family Home Evening treat. Jacob was very excited when he found the dough chilling in the fridge. I don't think he knew it was for cookies, but he knew it would be good and so he kept asking me for "treeeat! treeeeat!" until I convinced him we better wait until we could share the treats with Dad.
These cookies have an interesting flavor - they contain wheat germ, lemon zest (I used lemon juice instead so I wouldn't have to go to the store), and honey, as well as other regular cookie ingredients. I ran out of regular unsalted butter last week so I used a ICBINB baking stick instead, so the cookies might be even better if real butter and lemon zest are used.
These are cute, tasty little cookies. I enjoyed the simplicity of the recipe and the outcome was good enough to encourage making these again! Good choice, Michelle! Check out her blog for the recipe.
3 comments:
Sounds like they turned out great :) I liked these, but didn't love them, they were good though!
Your cookies look like they turned out perfect! I just loved these. :)
Your cookies look great. I loved these, they were the perfect match with a cup of tea as the lemon and honey were built right into the cookie. What a deal! So cute, your little boy...love the haircut photos...I have those from this past week as well as my teenager is a swimmer and it is sectional/state time...tune in if you want to see WHAT they do to the hair...OMW!
Post a Comment