Apr 13, 2009

Easter thoughts

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday yesterday.  Rebecca and I went (back) to church, the ward choir that I lead sounded great singing "This is the Christ"...good thing we started preparing that song back in February so we could take a few weeks off when Rebecca came...and Jacob managed to survive his third week of nursery. In the afternoon while the kids were both sleeping, we listened to Elder Holland's italics-laden and thus emphatically important conference talk, None Were With Him.  The following is an excerpt from that talk:
Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path—the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends. All of these and more have been given as companions for our mortal journey because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are.
I am particularly grateful for these family members that I've been blessed with to accompany me in my "little version" of the Savior's Via Dolorosa, and I am eternally grateful for the Savior's life, Atonement, sacrifice and love

4 comments:

Jeff said...

As long as I am with you, my Via Dolorosa seems like a via de las rosas.

Tracey said...

Nothing but SWEET! Love you all!

Allie said...

You guys have some dang cute kids! Is Jacob excited about his new sister?

Trina said...

Beautiful easter dress. Love the one with them both sitting in the chair, with lots of extra room, even though there are two in one chair.